YOUR most FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO JOIN?
- The annual fee is £240. This is payable by 12 monthly payments by direct debit of £20 per month. However, should you pay for a whole year in advance, you will only be charged £200 for a full year's membership. These fees are inclusive of VAT. Under NO circumstances will you be asked for any further contribution.
- HOW LONG DOES MEMBERSHIP LAST?
- Membership is annual and lasts for one year although if you are paying monthly and you cease to pay your monthly amount, your membership and all accrued rights will cease immediately.
- WHAT ABOUT THE SECOND YEAR?
- Anyone renewing in the second year will automatically receive a discount on renewal of 15%. In addition, you will be credited with your share of prize winnings and sales proceeds.
- WHAT WILL I RECEIVE UPON JOINING?
- You will receive, within seven days, your own membership card with its own unique number. You'll be able to access your membership account online and receive a variety of Member benefits.
- WHAT DO I GET FOR MEMBERSHIP?
- i) You will immediately be treated as a full member of the Club and will have access to all information in respect of all horses racing in the Club's name (initially four). All information to hand will be available from the website.
- ii) You will be entitled to apply for Owner's badges at every meeting in which one or more of our horses run. You will appreciate that sometimes we will have to ballot the names if too many Members wish to attend at the same time, but nonetheless we shall take necessary steps to arrange convenient and privileged racecourse access for all of our Members.
- iii) AII Members who have been Members for at least a year shall qualify to receive a pro rata share in all prize money won by the Club's horses during the period of their membership. "Prize money" means the net amount distributed to the Club by Weatherbys after normal racing deductions (entry fees/jockey and trainer fees, levy etc). Share of prize money shall be distributed on 20 April each year starting 20 April 2019.
- iv) Where any horse, whether owned or leased by the Club is sold whilst racing for the Club, 20% of the net sale proceeds will be distributed pro rata back to the Members and also be calculated and distributed on 20 April each year starting 20 April 2019.
- v) You will be invited to and be entitled to attend all events organised by the Club. This will include stud and stable visits which we propose to organise on a regular basis. We also propose to organise occasional Club days at various racecourses where you will have an opportunity to meet other Club Members and Members of the Steering Committee.
- HOW WILL MY FEES BE SPENT?
- The very existence of this Club is an acknowledgement that we cannot all afford to be Owners in our own right. It is expensive both to acquire a racehorse and keep it in training. We are fortunate in being able to get Corinthian Racing Club up and running by being able to lease four quality racehorses from a Stud that supports and applauds what we are doing. However, our long term intention is to own most Club horses and to enjoy the experience, entertainment and possible profits from them together. To that end, once the training costs of the existing horses have been met by a growing membership, each pound that you spend in membership fees will be allocated approximately as follows: 35p toward new horse acquisition, 25p provision toward future training fees, 25p administration, 10p horse, jockey and racing welfare charities and 5p sundry.
- WHO CHOOSES THE CLUB HORSES?
- This will be vital to the success of the Club. We are fortunate to be starting with four very respected trainers whose views will be sought on potential horses for acquisition. In addition, we have a Club steering committee whose founder Members include the following:
- i) Jeremy Brummitt. Jeremy is one of the country's foremost experts in bloodstock selection and is consulted widely at Sales time. His purchases include numerous Stakes winners. Most recently his purchase Time Warp (€35,000) won the Hong Kong Cup and has already won over £2m of prize money.
- ii) Ian Williams. Ian is one of the country's leading dual purpose trainers. http://www.ianwilliamsracing.com. He has trained horses for many years from the famous Dominion Racing Stables in the heart of the Midlands, sending out winner after winner at every venue in the country. He currently has over 90 horses in training. Renowned as an excellent judge of horses, Ian has kindly agreed to assist us in all future endeavours and hopefully will be training some of ours in time.
- iii) Fergus Anstock. Fergus is a director of the Kathryn Stud, the small and upcoming private Stud making an impact with the quality of its horses at the Sales Ring. The Stud, in its short, ten-year history has already bred several Stakes winners both on the Flat and over jumps. The Stud has leased us four of its horses to get us started and has pledged to support us as we progress.
- iv) Ricky George. A former professional footballer, journalist and part-owner of the 1998 Grand National winner, Earth Summit. Ricky will create and produce our regular online newsletters featuring news about the horses in training, their plans and trainers, Club information and updates.
- IF I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS WHOM DO I ASK?
- The Club phone 0333 123 8898 is manned every day during office hours and on race days up to race time.
OUR FIRST 50 MEMBERS
WILL ALSO RECEIVE
- A 20% discount on the first year's fees for annual subscriptions. Use coupon CRC/20%
- Preferential treatment on ticket allocation
- Telephone helpline for race days