Corinthian Racing Club Limited is committed to protecting your personal information. It’s your information, it’s personal, and we respect that. We also want to maintain the trust and confidence of every one of our Members.
Aside from helping us deliver an excellent Club, the information you share with us means you’ll receive a more personalised and rewarding experience eg information about events, new Member benefits that may interest you, as well as a smoother ticket-buying process.
In more detail:
Corinthian Racing Club (CRC) is a limited company incorporated in England and Wales (Company number 11085676) CRC is the data controller of your personal information.
Contact details for Corinthian Racing Club:
Corinthian Racing Club
35 Soho Square
If you have questions regarding your information or its use, please contact our Data Protection Manager by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44 (0) 333 1238898
Although it is not compulsory to provide all of the information listed below, should you choose not to, then CRC may not be able to provide you with the full range of services that we have and would like to offer.
2 How we collect your personal information
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing membership online, over the phone or in person or it could be where you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how our members use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience whether you’re booking membership or just trying to find out more about our latest offers
In more detail:
We collect information in a number of ways, which are listed below:
a. When you create an account at www.corinthianracing.uk your account allows you to buy membership and gift membership
b. Contact us by post, e.g. application forms for friends
3 The types of information we collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. There are occasions when you can choose not to give us certain information, but this for example, may limit the level of personalisation we offer e.g. you may not get to hear about an event you would have liked to attend.
In more detail:
The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered:
Information we obtain directly from you:
When you create an account with us, register on our website by post or phone we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting. We may collect:
- Prefix and name
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Contact phone number(s)
- Bank account card details. Please note we will not hold payment information for any longer than it takes to process your transaction.
- Delivery address(s)
- Billing address
- Favourite horse
- Favourite racecourse
When visiting our website we may collect the following information:
- Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
From time to time we may screen our database against recognised data hygiene file such as National Change of Address file and cleanse our file or correct inaccurate data. We may also update inaccurate data if the information is available.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
4 Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
The information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways. Here are the main ones: to provide a service you have requested, offer you a personalised experience and understand our audience’s needs better, inform you of events or updates you’ve asked for or contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information (eg race cancellations).
In more detail:
Specifically, we use your information we collect in the following ways:
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- To fulfill racecourse ticket and membership requests.
- Process payments. Please note that CRC does not store any credit card or other payment information once the transaction has been completed.
- Provide the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration.
- Contact you with important information relating to your purchase, such as confirming your order, reminding you of an upcoming race meeting or trainer visit you’ve booked for
Where we have your consent:
- To send you updates via email about what’s on, offers and news or about the Club
- To email you about a specific topic you’ve requested to hear more on such as race meetings, yard visits or, new projects.
Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest):
- Learn about your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you.
- Help us target our marketing communications and adverts so that they’re more relevant to you.
- For classifying our audience into groups or segments, using preferences you have expressed (eg favourite racecourse). These segments help us to understand our audience better and ensure we’re sending relevant messages to each group.
- Analyse and continually improve the services we offer including, our website and our other products.
- To keep our database accurate and relevant, for example, using National Change of Address.
- Detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
5 How we handle your information and other organisations
CRC will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf – payment processing is a good example of this. We make sure anyone who provides a service for the CRC enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
In more detail:
We may share your details with:
- Service providers who work on behalf of the CRC for the delivery of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example payment processing, printers and mailing houses, marketing agencies, database services, website hosting or email delivery service.
CRC is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from www.corinthianracing.uk and recommends that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Manager if you have any concerns or questions.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of any information, which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
6 How we protect your data
CRC is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorized access and improper use e.g. your online account is encrypted and our own network is protected.
7 Your choices
You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it.
If you have an online account with us, you can amend your personal details and email contact preferences at any time. Simply sign in on the web site and access your account by inputting you username and password
Or, if you prefer, you can contact us by phoning, emailing, or writing using our contact details below.
This notice was updated on 29 March 2018. It may be updated to take into account changes at CRC or for example to reflect changes to regulation or legislation.